WooThemes team today released the first version of their free WooCommerce plugin.
This plugin is based on codebase from Jigoshop plugin, and offers following enhancements over it
- A revamped admin interface, which is more native to the WordPress dashboard & thus more familiar to the average WordPress user.
- Improved reporting, with more stats, graphs and built-in support for Google Analytics e-commerce (goal) tracking.
- New front-end features, including catalog sorting and built-in up-sells / cross-sells.
- Revised coupon system complete with coupon expiry dates and usage limits.
- Built-in HTML email templates.
- Improved order management.
- Simplified product data entry plus better product sorting / duplication within the WP dashboard.
Along with it they have released bunch of e-commerce templates and one free template.
A more detailed review of this plugin coming tomorrow.