WooCommerce: A Free e-Commerce Plugin for WordPress
September 28, 2011
WooThemes team today released the first version of their free WooCommerce plugin.
This plugin is based on codebase from Jigoshop plugin, and offers following enhancements over it
- A revamped admin interface, which is more native to the WordPress dashboard & thus more familiar to the average WordPress user.
- Improved reporting, with more stats, graphs and built-in support for Google Analytics e-commerce (goal) tracking.
- New front-end features, including catalog sorting and built-in up-sells / cross-sells.
- Revised coupon system complete with coupon expiry dates and usage limits.
- Built-in HTML email templates.
- Improved order management.
- Simplified product data entry plus better product sorting / duplication within the WP dashboard.
Along with it they have released bunch of e-commerce templates and one free template.
A more detailed review of this plugin coming tomorrow.