Educational institutes are facing immense pressure in managing their processes and operations. All the stakeholders right from top-level management to administrative staff to teaching & non-teaching staff with their hard work, dedication, and passion are delivering an exceptional academic experience to the students.
Having said that there is a smarter way to operate and manage these processes. We built an entire platform which automates, streamlines and tracks the entire campus processes right from student admissions to alumni information management, thereby increasing the operational efficiency of educational institutions helping them improve day by day.
Smriti is the EdTech platform we built ground up by working closely with top-rated NAAC colleges (A+), private Schools and Institutes.
We engaged with the stakeholders of these educational institutions such as top-level management, teaching & administration staff, students & alumni, among others, to try and understand the entire institution’s ecosystem inside out.
How Smriti makes Educational Institutions Smarter?
Smriti Edtech Platform offers a holistic approach to facilitate smooth management of the entire educational institution’s affairs.
It has got all the necessary modules that are needed to manage the institution efficiently.
Enrollment module handles the entire enrollment life-cycle right from online admission application to fee collection to enrolment.
It replaces the manual admission process which is tiring, time-consuming, stressful and error-prone for both administrative staff and students.
Enrollment module automates the entire admission workflow, eliminates duplication of work, hence reducing the overall cost of operations & enabling better utilization of resources.
Educational institutes can collect students fees online, replacing time-consuming, mundane standard fees collection process through cash, cheque or DD.
Admin department can track stages and statuses of almost n number of students in real time. The entire time required for the execution of end to end enrolment process is reduced from weeks to a few days.
Enrollment Module makes Educational Institutions smarter by following ways,
- Technology-driven, automated & smart admissions processes.
- Less administrative work hours per week required for handling admission processes.
- Eliminate admission bottlenecks and simplify operations with online admissions.
- Accept fee payments online from students, eliminating the need for manual fee processing in the form of cash, cheque or DD.
- Data-driven based decision making, due to availability of information stored digitally.
- End to end digital processes online admission application, digital scan copies of documents are uploaded instead of Xerox copies, online fee payments.
- Daily reports generated, exported & mailed to authorized persons consisting the details of fee collections.
- MIS reports can be generated giving a clear picture of admissions & cash flow.
2. Assessment Engine
The learning process is not deemed completed unless it’s assessed. Whether learning has happened in the student can only be concluded with assessments which are then evaluated.
This module lets you quickly create comprehensive online assessments using pre-built question templates such as MCQs, MRQs, Drag and Drop, Match the Columns, True or False, Fill in the Blanks, among others.
These electronic assessments allow faculties to quickly evaluate the performance of the students and give them instant feedback so that they can improve students who are weak.
Assessment Module makes Educational Institutions smarter by following ways,
- Create and manage online assessments, such as practice tests & quizzes.
- Teachers can build a question bank which is used to create online tests.
- Conduct tests periodically instead of summative assessments.
- Effective assessment of students at individual performance level
- Go paperless, by conducting online examinations.
- Conduct class tests, practice tests or test at home on mobile devices.
- Custom reports of online assessments help teachers identify problem areas in students so that they can improve them.
3. Learning Module
This module helps in delivering content through a new type of learning model called Blended Learning, which is a combination of offline (face-to-face, traditional learning) & online learning. The content is delivered through computer or smartphones thus providing an interactive learning experience.
The backbone of the Learning Module is the Learning Management System (LMS). Faculties can collaboratively create, arrange, publish & manage the learning content using LMS. Various content types such as text, images, audio & video can be bundled together to create engaging and interactive learning content.
Exercises & quizzes can be mixed in between the learning content, which allows teachers to gauge if students have grasped the concepts. Teachers can track the progress of the students such as how much learning content they have consumed & their performance in exercises & quizzes.
Learning Module makes Educational Institutions smarter by following ways,
- Allow students to study anywhere, any time, at their own pace using Mobile Apps.
- Integrate blending learning approach in the institution.
- Using LMS, faculties can deliver interactive & engaging learning content.
- The teacher can track students learning progress, identify struggling students to help them in their studies.
- Learning is no more passive activity; it’s active by practicing online learning.
- Students have access to helpful resources such as course material, lecture notes, presentations, sample question papers & question banks, among others, through web and mobile apps.
4. Certification Management
With certification management module; students can easily request attendance, character, bonafide, transfer & certificates.
Traditional certificate request process consisted of manually filling form application, submission of xeroxed copies of supporting documents, filling bank challan to pay by cash, then submit one part of challan to the educational institution. Staff then handwrites the student information in the certificate & issues it to the student.
Using Certification Management module the students from anywhere can request for various certificates online, upload scanned supporting documents, pay the certificate fees online.
The certificate generation request goes to the authorized personnel who then verifies the details & documents. Once verified the certificate could be downloaded, printed on the institutional letterhead, get it signed from signing authority, finally issued it to the students.
Certification Management module makes Educational Institutions smarter by following ways,
- Track history of certificates that are issued to the students.
- Eliminate the need to maintain paper-based applications, xerox copies of supporting documents. All the data is stored digitally.
- Payments are made online by students.
- Cuts downs the entire certification generations process to just verification of application & documents to printing the certificate.
- Just download the requested certificate, print it on letterhead, (student details are pre-populated from the database), get it signed & stamped from the authorities, issue the certificate to the students.
- Students can collect the certificate from office counter or can receive it at their home by courier (for those who demanded it.)
5. Placement Platform
Placement Management System helps educational institutions to automate their placement activities.
Employers can post jobs or internship opportunities, be it a campus or walk-in drives, send notifications to all the students, view student profiles & resume or CVs, shortlist students, conduct, track & manage interviews, give interview feedback to students.
TPO’s can maintain the academic information of students such as students profile, digital mark sheets, the progress of students, shortlist & recommend students that match employers criteria, share students profile and resume online.
Placement platform also helps to track students through various stages of the interview process, resolve queries of employers or students.
Students can create and maintain their multiple job profiles; upload resumes/CVs, search and apply for jobs. They can follow the companies which they are interested in and get real-time notifications of opportunities. Up to date information on various stages of the placement, activities are available to them.
Placement Platform makes Educational Institutions smarter by following ways,
- All the information is stored digitally like student profile, mark sheets, resumes or CVs.
- TPO’s from one place can manage entire recruitment activities.
- The employer has all the access of students information, can conduct campus or walk-in drives, shortlist students based on the requirements.
- Students can manage their profiles online along with documents such as mark sheet and resumes or CVs.
- Only eligible & interested students are in the loop of interview process saving the time of all the stakeholders.
Students dashboard is a section of a portal for students, where all the information about their profile, parental information, fees details, attendance & even health information is maintained.
Students can upload assignments, submission or project work, have access to learning materials, can attempt quizzes and complete exercises, also get notified about events, placement or internship opportunities.
Student Dashboard makes Educational Institutions smarter by following ways,
- The administration, as well as students, can view and manage their details from one place.
- It lets students manage their profile, upload profile photo & necessary documents such as aadhar card, caste certificate, among others.
- They can upload their assignments, view their attendance or even pay the outstanding fees.
- All the communications can be handled from one place,
- They can view the entire academic calendar consists of important dates such as
- Start & end dates of Registration, Admissions, Fee payment,
- Detailed Program/Course schedules
- Commencement & Conclusion of teaching Semester wise
- Official Holidays calendar
- Sessions / Viva Dates, Submission of Term work
- Schedule of Internal, Oral/Practical Exams & University exams.
- Notifications about workshops, seminars & conference conducted in the campus.
- They can also view Master Timetable and plan their studies accordingly.
7. Events Module
Smriti EdTech’s event module delivers a rich event management functionality, that has easy and user-friendly configuration capabilities, so that the entire event lifecycle right from events sign-up, attendance, to collecting post-event online feedback, can be managed from one place.
It is specially designed for the educational institutions so that they can manage online registration and ticketing for various events hosted on the campus.
Attendees can register online for the events, pay the ticket fees online. A notification email / SMS is sent to the attendees along with e-ticket thus completing the process of registration.
Event Module makes Educational Institutions smarter by following ways,
- Go paperless by digitally handling all the event process right from online registration, online secure payments processing, mail /SMS e-tickets to attendees.
- Configure ticket prices dynamically, allow early bird discounts, generate coupon codes, limit the no. of registrations.
- Allow discounts to students & faculty of the institution & bulk registration discounts.
- Display the entire event calendar along with its information such as venue details, timings & capacity.
- Eliminate data entry, streamline, simplify and automate almost all the processes of the events.
- Accept digital payments.
- Real-time reports to get a more accurate count of expected attendees, tickets sold, revenues generated.
- Allow attendees to register any time whether even after office hours.
8. Feedback Module
Feedback Module helps collect online feedback from all the institutional stakeholders viz students, parents, teachers, alumni among others. It also helps in conducting online surveys.
If educational institutions are not collecting feedback, they will be not able to gain other people’s insights, opinions, and reviews. They may miss out any opportunities for improvements. Problems & issues in the institutional processes or operations may go unnoticed. It may also give the wrong message that they are not listening.
If educational institutions are collecting manual paper-based feedback, it has its own set of drawbacks. Manually conducting surveys or collecting feedback is a lengthy & cumbersome process which consists of the distribution of the forms to the respondents, collecting them back, entering responses into a computer, analyzing the results, generating & sharing reports, acting on the feedback obtained.
They are resource intensive as well since it needs a workforce to distribute the questionnaire, collect them, transfer the responses to a central location where it can be processed. It’s also an expensive affair as it includes printing & making copies.
Feedback and surveys conducted online have lots of benefits. The information entered by the respondent is stored in the database making it easy to mine this data. Real-time graphs and charts can be generated which helps in making more informed decisions.
Feedback Module makes Educational Institutions smarter by following ways,
- Collect feedback & reviews, conduct surveys online through the web or mobile apps.
- The teacher can give feedback on student’s performance, or students can give feedback on their teaching, thus helping both of them to improve continuously.
- All the stakeholder’s viz students, employers, alumni can give their suggestions through a structured feedback system which if required can be made available publicly for review.
- Annual survey of student satisfaction on various aspects or functions of educational institutions can be conducted.
- Since all the feedback is collected online, various reports for analysis can be dynamically generated, helping decision makers take necessary actions, plan future policies to improve the overall quality of the education.
- Students and Parents feedback on admission processes, institutional facilities, curriculum & teaching methods or overall academics can be collected.
- Feedback analysis can be shared with NAAC and other accreditation agencies.
9. Alumni Module
This module helps maintain alumni records and contact information.
Alumni can create their profile, connect with their batchmates, browse the alumni network or even post job and internship opportunities. It also keeps them updated with the latest news & events, information about the progress of the institution.
Educational institutions can create and run online fundraising campaigns and collect donations from alumni. All the donations can be accepted through online payment gateways.
Alumni Module makes Educational Institutions smarter by following ways,
- Alumni through their portal or mobile app can create or import their profile from social networking sites.
- It helps build alumni directory with up to date information such as their name, graduation year, branch/stream from which they graduated, contact details, employment details such as job title, place of work.
- Alumni are updated with the latest news & events, along with the progress of the institution.
- Alumni can collaborate with peers, teachers, and staff members.
- Create and run online fundraising campaigns and collect donations from Alumni through online payment gateways.
Smriti EdTech platform can transform the way Educational Institutions used to work. It’s a SAAS based platform that streamlines everything right from student admission to managing alumni information. It offers a holistic approach to facilitate smooth management of the entire institution’s affairs.
Feel Free to connect with us – We would be Happy to cater your Educational Institute’s need.