May 08, 2019
We are looking for a UX Designer to join our growing customer experience team. The UX Designer will be responsible for conceiving and conducting user research, interviews, and surveys, and translating them into sitemaps, user flows, customer journey maps, wireframes, mockups, and prototypes.
– 2+ years of UX design experience
– Strong communication skills to help people across the company understand the rationale behind your proposals, and the complex nuances of design problems.
– The ability to work with clients to understand detailed requirements and design complete user experiences that meet the customers’ needs and vision
– Extensive experience in using UX design best practices to design solutions, and a deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design
– A solid grasp of user-centered design (UCD), planning and conducting user research, user testing, A/B testing, rapid prototyping, heuristic analysis, and usability and accessibility concerns
– The ability to iterate designs and solutions efficiently and intelligently
– A great passion for all things UX and other areas of design and innovation
– Expertise in standard UX software (e.g. Sketch, Adobe XD, OmniGraffle, Axure, InVision, UXPin, Balsamiq, Framer)
– Motivated self-starter who can deeply collaborate with other disciplines including product management, engineering, research, and analytics.
– A growth mindset. Willingness to own problems. Comfort with ambiguity. A desire to make things better. A balanced sense of optimism and humility.
– Ability to multi-task on various projects effectively
– Ability to remain flexible about changing priorities and accept feedback
Things you’ll do:
– Sketch and prototype ideas to quickly assess their viability, and design the fine-grained details of components, interactions, and transitions.
– Work closely with engineers as you build, iterate on, and ship ideas.
– Facilitate the customer’s product vision by researching, conceiving, sketching, prototyping, and user-testing experiences for digital products
– Identify design problems and devise elegant solutions
– Make strategic design and user-experience decisions related to core, and new, functions and features
– Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
– Identify and document relevant business and user goals and objectives.
– Create the appropriate UX artifacts to share insights with the product team (e.g. story boards, use cases, video, scenarios, and more).
– Translates business and user requirements into defined UX documentation and specifications that meet as many needs as possible for the business and the user.
– When needed, produces information architecture and interaction design deliverables, such as navigational structures, wireframes, processes flows, and interaction specifications.
– Develops low fidelity wireframes and prototypes, and ensure alignment of the information architecture with brand and web standards.
– Leads usability testing, including ongoing usability studies, to obtain direct user feedback and make recommendations for improvement as needed.
– Incorporates user research and usability testing results on the company’s audiences and digital properties to improve the user experience.
– Helps identifies pain points in the user experience and seeks out opportunities to resolve or improve them.
– Participates in the assessment of potential solutions and analyzes the pros and cons to the user experience.
– Understands project and systems constraints, and works with the project team to improve the solution within them.
– Ensures information architecture and interaction designs are compliant with WCAG 2.1 accessibility guidelines and best practices.
– Present design ideas, including rationale based on customer research and best practices, to the product development team and other key stakeholders.